Skateboard Instructors Association is a Certification Program for talented Skateboarders which teaches you how to teach skateboarding. It’s a great way to earn extra money doing something you love. The Certification is offered only online. Certified Skateboard Instructors will be eligible for annual liability insurance. Also, among other benefits we offer discounts through EXPERTICITY. What this means for our members is over 300 PRO DEALS with companies in travel, camping/hiking, skate, including clothing and more. 30% – 60% off and become an expert on their site and unlock more deals. This includes Timberland, Northface, Timbuktu, YETI and more!
The online course is available now and includes 21 lectures via video, power point, text access, live sessions and quizzes. Final testing is done via you videotaping your skills and an actual class. You make a video of your final exam (teaching a skill with full introduction and a video of your 8 skills.) Each lecture is about 15 minutes or less and ends with a short quiz to reinforce learning.
We know you can skate so the program is about teaching you how to teach. Tests include a written one at the end of each lecture, a video review of the 8 skills listed & a teaching test where you set up one or more students to learn the skill your examiner designates. You must pass each of the tests with 85% or better grade. The online course is $49.99 and you can reach out to us for a coupon for $9.99 off the course ($40 end price) The course is accessed here: Udemy Learn to Skateboard. If this link doesn’t work, then head to http://www.Udemy.com and search for Learn to Teach Skateboarding.
If you want to learn to be a skateboard instructor, this is the program for you.
Skateboard IA also offers Certified Skateboard Instructors Liability Insurance and marketing help. You will have to work to earn this certification, it’s serious so only the serious need show up. Passing is not guaranteed but we will give you the tools to pass.
Why a Certification Program?
- The skateboarders out there who are good, even great skaters don’t necessarily know how to teach
- The numbers of skateboarders are down, so offering instruction is a viable way to build the community
- Today the culture is that parents let their children learn a skill if lessons are provided. Parents want to make sure the instructors are qualified, this program insures a high level of professionalism
- Becoming a Certified Instructor is a great way to incorporate appropriate safety into the lesson while still insuring freedom to push the limits
- These certifications are run on a mostly flat surface–not on ramps. The course is designed to help talented skates teach the basics to new skaters. The key to developing skaters is to insure solid fundamentals. You are insured, if you buy the insurance, to teach in Skate Parks!
- Because you can make serious pocket change. Average group classes should bring in $20-30 per student or $45-$60 per hour (average, your area may vary)
- Because new skateboarders ask you for help all the time you will find it easier to share your knowledge when you know the basic Teaching Model & how to break any move down into three steps.
We know you can skate, but can you teach?
Please see our jobs available page where we post a wide variety of opportunities for skate instructors (and sometimes, non-instructors). Just trying to network the community and employ skateboarders.